Light periods may be the norm, and may be a symptom of a dangerous disease. Of course, to understand the situation you need a professional look. If your periods have become shorter, and you have less amount of blood, than you need an extra appointment with a gynecologist.
Many women of childbearing age do not pay attention to the nature of menstruation, if they are regular, and have more or less regular cycle. You should know that not only the frequency and duration of the discharge, but also the nature of the matter. The light discharge (Hipomenoreea) is one of the menstrual dysfunction.
Doctors say about light menstruation in the cases when during the amount of blood discharge is less than 50 ml of blood. In most cases, scanty menses are not accompanied by unpleasant feelings, but sometimes there may be headache, nausea, back and abdomen pain. Symptoms depend on the causes of the reduction in menstrual flow.[alert type=yellow ]Such changes do not cause concern of young girls in the first two years after the start of menstruation, as well as women in menopause, whereas older women it can indicate serious health problems. The girl establishing cycle occurs within one or two years, at the time of menstruation can be not only light, but rare, for example, when the cycle is extended to 5-8 weeks; menses may be short and last less than two days (oligomenoreea).[/alert]
Menstruation can be even only 2 – 4 times a year. But all these violations must necessarily disappear, and the cycle should balance by itself. If it does not, and the period is very light, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The light menstruation manifests externally in the form of drops or subtle traces on the underwear of a woman, and the color of the discharge ranges from light yellow to dark brown. The light periods pass without any special health disorders, but sometimes you may have cramping pain due to uterine contractions. It can also be a headache, chest pain, nausea or indigestion. Very rare opportunity to nosebleeds.
A long light menstrual cycle can cause decreased sexual desire and the emergence of infertility, which is associated with a decrease in levels of the hormone estrogen. In some cases, very light period causes painful symptoms.
There are also changes in the psychological and neurological state:
- heightened emotionality,
- nervous irritability or apathy.
When you have the symptoms mentioned above, you should immediately contact your gynecologist and undergo thorough examination to determine the cause of the meager monthly.
The Pregnancy Causes Light Periods
Scant menstruation is a natural phenomenon and can be at a time when the possibility of the birth of children a woman is suspended due to age-related changes. It is preceded by a complete cessation of menstruation – menopause.
Physiology Hipomenoreea is possible in these periods of woman’s life, but it does not mean that it will be present at all mandatory. Moreover, you can`t exclude gynecological disease, for the various reasons, of these two age period.
An abnormally scant menstruation, for easy diagnosis, is divided into:
- Primal Hipomenoreea, When it has not been no normal menstruation cycle;
- Secondary Hipomenoreea when menstruation for some time was absolutely normal, and then there was the impoverishment that has caused the concern of a woman.
Possible causes of the light periods:
- The cause of the light period may be malfunction of organs that regulate the menstrual cycle on hormone levels – the pituitary gland and the ovaries.
- Violation of natural rhythmic hormone production leads to failure of the circulatory system in the uterus and defective changes in the endometrium (lining of the uterus) during menstruation.
The main reasons are, as follows:
- weight changes – its loss as a result of diet or increased physical activity, anorexia, exhaustion and uncontrollable set of extra kilos and obesity;
- metabolic disorders;
- lack of vitamins in the diet, anemia;
- stresses, nervous disorders, mental changes;
- endocrine disorders;
- injuries and operations on the genital organs;
- anomalies of the genitals, removal of the uterus;
- tuberculosis of genitals;
- infections, sexually transmitted infections;
- professional poisoning (exposure to harmful substances in the body);
- use of oral contraceptives.
Many people believe that during pregnancy there should not be periods. This is not always the true. In the first month of pregnancy may experience a light period. This can occur by the reason that after the process of fertilization fertilized egg has no time for such a short time to get to the right place, and there was a serious restructuring of the hormonal levels.
From the second month of pregnancy all the hormones begin to function normally, the pregnancy develops, and monthly during pregnancy should not take place.
The appearance of blood from the vagina may indicate detachment of the ovum. If this process is negligible, the organism copes with it and does not allow a fertilized egg leave the uterus. In some cases, spotting can signal about the beginning of spontaneous abortion.
Blood discharge can be identified by the presence of red color with nagging pains in the lower abdomen during the first trimester of pregnancy, or cramping pain with the remnants of fetal eggs in the second trimester. The reason for light period during pregnancy may also be a lack of secretion of the hormone progesterone or excess production of androgens. In rare cases, for such a symptom may result from the presence of fetal heart disease, ectopic pregnancy.
Diagnostics and Examination of the Light Period
Any diagnostic activity begins with a doctor’s consultation, in this case, a gynecologist. To determine the causes of the light discharge and a decision on the degree of danger of this state for a woman’s body follows the doctor’s advice to undergo a medical examination.
For light periods the basic direction of treatment is a restorative effect and treatment of the underlying disease. The treatment gives excellent results of usage of homeopathic medicines, the effect of which is virtually identical to its own hormones.
It is the inflammation of the mucous membrane of the uterus. Often there is a long residence time due to the IUD from abortion and other surgical procedures on the uterus. Inside the cavity introduced infectious agent. Acute period usually occurs fever and pelvic pain, if it is not treated, the disease changes to chronic phase, and its diagnosis is difficult. The signs of chronic endometritis can be brown discharges and (or) inter menstrual bleeding.
For accurate diagnosis it is necessary to take the histological analysis of material from the uterus. It is recommended to undergo biopsy – when no dilatation and no anesthesia are injected into the uterus of a thin flexible tube with a diameter of 3 mm by means of which the material is taken to the histology.
However, in some cases, doctors prefer to conduct hysteroscopy with vacuum aspiration or curettage. This procedure requires anesthesia. Upon confirmation of the diagnosis “endometriosis” is treated with antibiotics.
The light period can be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- general weakness,
It requires the use of psychotherapy and physical therapy aimed at eliminating all functional disorders. Premenopausal and lactation the light discharges special treatment is required.
Treatment of Light Periods by Folk Remedies
- Brown discharges and light discharges can be treated with folk remedies only in the treatment and after a thorough examination.
- In the absence of menstruation it can be taken onion broth (2 kg onions 3 liters of water) before a meal in the morning.
- In the absence of menstruation it is also advised to drink a decoction of the leaves of stone bramble.
- During painful and irregular menstruation, you may take an infusion of the root Elecampane. To do this, you need one teaspoonful of the root boiled in water, boil on low heat for fifteen minutes and insist four hours. Drink three to four times a day for one tablespoon.
- Also, during light discharges, or their absence, usually drink the infusion of inflorescences of tansy. To prepare this infusion you need to put a tablespoon of inflorescences into a liter of boiling water and leave the infusion for two hours. Drink no more than twice a day on an empty stomach.
If you suspect infections or health disorders, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor. If you do it timely, you will surely avoid lots of complications. Bear in mind that most of them need a long-term treatment with costly medications. You can prevent all these unpleasant things if take care of your health and call a doctor.
Examination and analyses will not take much time, however, you will be sure that you are healthy or need treatment. Remember that almost any disease is curable at the early stages.