Female genital organs are so complicated mechanism that are not always immediately be noticed by abnormalities. That is why you are recommended at least a couple times from year to visit a gynecologist, even if you do not care. The obvious reason for the visit is when your period does not stop for 10-14 days.
The normal menstrual period should not last more than a week. If you do not fit into this period, you can talk about bleeding.
Threats of the Period That Won’t Stop
If you notice that your periods have become more abundant, it should alert you. If the discharge accompanied by pain and clots, the cause for alarm is warranted.
Why won’t my period stop? What threatens my health?
- bleeding body loses a lot of iron with profuse, it can lead to anemia. The loss of a large number of red blood cells – this is no joke. If you will not produce hemoglobin, it faces greater challenges than just shortness of breath and lack of energy;
- Incessant periods may indicate a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or serious pathologies of the genital organs. Not excluded, and cancer;
- if you suffer significant blood loss, with the ever-increasing flow - immediately call an ambulance. It is possible that you need emergency surgery.
Do not attempt to self-medicate and go to the hospital, while you are still able to do it yourself.
Causes of Heavy Blood Loss
In addition to spontaneous abortion among continuing menstruation still a lot of reasons.
- It often happens if you recently installed a spiral. Do not forget that this hormonal contraceptive abortive action. Your body may react negatively to the foreign body. If you install a spiral and you have not stopped menstruating means you do not have a suitable method of contraception.
- Admission of COCs can also trigger profuse discharge that’s why period is not stopping. Usually it happens the first month or two tablets admission. The doctor may even advise you not to interrupt the course, as later specified time periods should come back to normal. If this does not happen, and you want to switch to other means of control, remember that throwing a drink at a middle rate of COCs is strongly discouraged.
- Hormonal failure. This situation is normal, if you recently had the first period - usually in young girls a cycle is adjusted throughout the year. Or you've just given birth to a child. In other situations, ongoing period indicates serious health problems.
- It’s not always vaginal bleeding associated with diseases of the genital organs. Very often they happen, because of disrupted thyroid. Then the gynecologist must refer you to an endocrinologist for the full-scale survey. Do not ignore the advice of a doctor or an imbalance of hormones lead to infertility.
- The bleeding disorders observed showed von Willebrand's disease, often causes bleeding. This illness reduces the production of platelets.
- Adenomyosis is characterized by overgrown muscle in the endometrium. Because of this my menstrual cycle won’t stop for more than 10 days.
- Continuous menstruation over 2 weeks may be the first bell signaling the polyps, myoma of uterus and even cancer. So, first noticed at this symptom, consult a physician immediately. If it is necessary, insist on ultrasound. After all, these diseases manifest themselves just regular bleeding. And, taking the situation under control from the beginning, you can avoid serious consequences and save not only health, but also life.
These are not all the possible reasons for why my period won’t stop. Moreover, you need the experts’ help. Turning a blind eye to the problem is impossible.
My period wont stop, how to stop it? Remember, delay a visit to the clinic in this case could lead to serious consequences.
Do not rely on advice from the Internet, even if people who have written about methods tried them for themselves. On the theme of forum gynecologist never prescribe treatment in absentia, may not even make certain assumptions, and strongly recommend to go to the hospital.
Often, heavy bleeding is to be suspended by Dicynonum or Vikasol, but taking these pills only after receiving the consult from a doctor.
If you for some reason do not want to or are afraid to go to the gynecologist, it is your task as soon as possible to overcome their prejudices. Otherwise, the situation threatens to become out of control.
Menstrual Bleeding Won’t Stop, What Should I Do?
Learn more why your period can’t be stopped. Monthly non-stop in time (last 7 days) can take place for a number of reasons. Some of them are not worth much attention, while others are a signal that the urgent need to visit a doctor. So if there is no stopping period that is the most common cause of disease.
Firstly, it should be noted that this is particularly dangerous in the case of heavy menstruation, when it is spent at least one gasket for 3 hours, there is a large loss of blood. Another cause for alarm is when the period goes with clots and painful. This may be a sign of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. If you notice such symptoms it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Other common reasons that can prolong the period for 2 weeks and more:
- When you install an intrauterine device. IUDs are very popular among women because of its low cost, reliability and convenience (once placed, and protects against pregnancy for several years). However, spirals have a number of side effects, the most common of which are just long and plentiful periods which are continuing more than a week. If high blood loss, it is recommended to remove the coil and to use another method of contraception.
- When you receive hormonal contraceptives. Birth control pills are very convenient, but also have side effects in the form of an imbalance of menstruation. Monthly during the first 3 months of taking the pills, and sometimes more than 3 months, can go to 2 times a month, to be prolonged. If this side effect is very pronounced and does not stop at the above-mentioned deadlines, should abandon this method of contraception.
- Hormonal imbalances in the body. Often there are long periods in the transition periods of life of women, that is - in the first 2 years after menarche, and after childbirth and during menopause. Very young girls have not yet installed the normal hormones - that's why the cycle disorders. New mothers may experience prolonged menstruation, or absent menstrual bleeding during lactation, when large quantities of the hormone prolactin are produced. And during menopause sometimes month does not end on a more serious reasons - related to endometrial pathology.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. Problems with menstruation may be due to thyroid gland that secretes hormones or in too large an amount, or vice versa. To identify the disease should go on reception to the endocrinologist and tested for certain hormones. This is important also because in diseases of the thyroid gland is difficult to conceive and bear a child.
- Blood diseases. Why won’t my periods stop, there is reason to suspect a blood disorder. For example, associated with decreased production of platelets, blood cells needed to stop the bleeding of blood clots due to them.
- Adenomyosis. This so-called hormone is dependent inflammatory process in the muscle layer of the uterus, endometriosis species. It’s characterized in that the endometrium of the uterus grows into the muscular layer. Because of the period does not stop put in for 5-7 days.
- Endometrial polyps. This is a variation of lobular hyperplasia. Reason cut out in hormonal disorders. The most accurate diagnosis of disease - is hysteroscopy - a survey inside the uterus using a special optical system.
- Uterine fibroids. It is a benign tumor, occurring even in young women. Its characteristic feature is the slow growth. But the danger of it is just as long and heavy menstruation, and intermenstrual bleeding.
- Uterine cancer. Unfortunately, sometimes it breaks menstruation over time due to this disease. It bleeding in this case is the first noticeable symptoms.
These are not only major pathologies that cause disturbances in cycle direction of its elongation. But despite the abundance of possible causes, the experienced doctor is not difficult to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment correctly.
Of course you have to pass a series of tests and pass some tests, but to bury your head in the sand in such a situation is simply dangerous.